Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #73
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Today started off with cleaning up the shop… Then I decided to look over the radiator I removed from the truck. I did not take before pictures but about half of the radiator was caked with sand. I spent about an hour with a small pick and the water hose cleaning it up.

Turns out to be a very nice 4 core radiator… Not sure if it is original.. it might be, not sure how to deal… It could be the radiator that matched the 402 radiator support?

Then I decide to start on the 4L60e… I need to replace the tail shaft with a special shaft from advanced adapters. This shaft will make the 4l60e look like a TH350 4x4 tail shaft. In addition I will be installing a short adapter to the end of the 4L60e to convert it to the 4 bolt pattern of the TH350. Hopefully I will get the parts I need before Friday….

The transmission was very clean inside… very. very little clutch material in the pan. Not bad for 80K miles..

I won’t tear it down an farther until I get the parts in.. Besides.. I need to find a Torx T50 Plus to remove the bell housing bolts… Hopefully I can find one in OKC somewhere this week.

I also ordered a set of the Dirty Dingo 4x4 Slider motor mount plates… They are designed for 1967-1972 4x4…

After I get the motor mount plates and the parts from Advanced Adapters, I will started the process of getting the engine, transmission, and transfer case mounted..

I guess I should start putting some of the stuff I am not going to use on Craigslist or ebay.. 350 motor with headers, Holly 650 double pumper, like new starter, TH350 4x4 transmission.. also a 4” rear block lift kit that was sent to me by mistake…

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote