View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 04:24 PM   #373
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Nice work by ya'll. That really straightened things up. I'm still trying to get things in between all the rains down here, which has not been very successful. I guess my plants and their fellow weeds have plenty of fluids to keep them going.
Thank you Bill.

A lot of it will allow work to happen.

The garden takes a load of time, as does the day job, so I Really love the hobby stuff.

So after clearing the carport, I also removed the solid wrought iron gate that had been there since 2011 between my and Mickeys yards and the shared alley storage.

This left a large hole, 6x4 foot, to be dealt with, mainly to slow the wind down when one works there in winter.

Looking from Mickeys side after I cut the hedge on his side you can see the odd shaped hole. Nothing is straight as it was never planned to be a doorway.

When I gathered the wood there were four plywood shelves, all 9 inches wide. Adding them to another sliver of ply have me the width needed.

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the hole differs by 50mm top to bottom as the post originally fitted to create the end of the roofing sheets that hang down from the top of the structure was a twisted piece of lumber.
So that means I needed to create a door which fitted the hole, and the post will be modified to compensate for the pi$$ed post.

So Monday evening after work I quickly slapped a door together.

Mickey cannot resist the noise of a circular saw or power drill.

So fresh from a shave and shower, smelling like a teenager out to score first base, he was straight aroundf after he had had his dinner.

Supervising as always.

Screws penetrated by about 3mm so I had to cut them all back with the grinder.

After that I fitted it in the triangulated hole, and realised it needed a bit more work to fit, and with the weight, it needs a small jockey wheel.

So once that was done I shut shop, made a pizza (disappointing) and a shower.

Plans were to get back to it today after work.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote