View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 10:54 PM   #2
LT7A

Re: Recommendation- Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Needing some seat covers for our '05 Tahoe with the leather seats. Driver's side has started a split like it seems ALL leather interiors do after a time. Any one have a set of slip on seat covers to recommend for front buckets that are fairly easy to install and fit well with out bunching? Maybe some thing one can order on line, open to truck shops, eBay, Amazon, etc. Driver's seat leather has split and is separating from the fiber backing. Damn, I hate leather interiors just for that reason alone, besides hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Give me cloth any day, wears much better. Just need to do something before it gets worse on the split.
Sorry to hear that the wear and tear has taken its toll. Three things come to mind, but they are all just from reading up, not from personal experience, so a grain of salt may be required or you may need to season them to taste, haha.

First, there is an online leather repair and restoration site that can sell you everything as if you were doing bodywork on your seats, including the right dye. Literally fillers for cracks and everything just as if it was on the sheetmetal. You may need to get the cover off and glue something to the backing to pull the split together. I'll come back and post a link if I find it.

Next is Katzkin. They have been making replacement seat covers, including leather, for a long time. Seem to be seat covers that look like OEM finishes, rather than drawstrings, etc.

And in the drawstring arena, Dirty Larry has some from Cabela's that he likes and recommends. They go out on four wheeling adventures, and so I think they are heavy duty. What's his buddy's name, Zoomad? I think his K5 Blazer thread also mentions the seat covers. Anyway, good luck!
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote