Thread: New NAPA Truck
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 04:46 PM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Re: New NAPA Truck

That sure is a bass ackwards sales technique. I ran into that building a clunker (home-built predecessor to the mountain bike using '50s-earlier bikes). I could only find one knobby 24" balloon tire at one bicycle shop in the whole region. I finally had to order one directly from the mfgr which took forever. I was all excited about this great new way for adults to enjoy bicycles that I was sure would become a huge hit. We live by the C&O Canal which has a toe path that follows the river, virtually level, for over 150 miles that people were riding skinny tire bikes on with flats totally expected at any time. Not to mention those bikes suck when trying to ride slow. They agreed ATBs were a great thing, yet when I asked why they weren't stocking parts to build these they said, "There's no demand". Say what?? There is no demand because no one knows they exist because their bicycle shop isn't promoting them. About a year later Ross started making them, dealers started offering them, other companies jumped in, and within a couple years mountain bikes took over as the number one selling type of bicycle and still are 35 years later.

Oh, and BTW, if anyone reading this would like one of these hard to get replicas mine is available for $85. I figured I'd offer it up to my good friends here first before listing it on Ebay. I'm just cool like that . And LOVE to JOKE!!! Not for sale, and if it was I wouldn't sell for more

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-29-2015 at 06:43 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote