View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 07:50 AM   #55
special-K
Special Order

Re: what is Woke on a forum ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
I'm a high school teacher and I hear lots of lingo that I don't understand. Sometimes I do and I play dumb with the kids just to see what they say.

The high school kids at my school have new words that they're using. Those words are:
SPICY
ZESTY
RIZZ
GLIZZY

From what I gather, here's what they mean to these teenage minds.......
SPICY means you like confrontation & you'll fight if anyone messes with you at all
ZESTY means queer or gay
RIZZ means you're cool or you got it going on!
GLIZZY is a penis.

Kids today.
When reading the Vienna Sausage thread I looked up the history. Kind of funny, but Vienna Sausage was just thinner parboiled link sausage or frankfurter wurst in Europe. The word weiner is German for Viennese and so is glizzy. Then rappers in the Wash,DC/MD/VA area started using glizzy to mean a Glock. On TicTok in '20 started using it to mean hot dog again as if they invented the word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I use one of those screen thingamajiggers on my pan when frying bacon. Otherwise the stove is a total mess. It's still a mess even with the screen but not nearly as bad. I always strain and save the bacon grease. It's liquid gold.
I saw one of those screens used years ago and thought "What a great idea". I finally got one a year or two ago. It was a great idea, but they don't work so well afterall. Still need to wipe up every surface as when not using one, just a bit lighter coating. THEN, you have the screen you have to wash, so they actually create more work. I don't bother with mine, just taking up space. A yard sale item
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Sorry to derail the post. Best bacon you will ever eat! https://smokedmeats.com/collections/bacon Have 10 pounds in my freezer. Will eat a whole package in one sitting. Sorry for those out of state, no ship. Business is where I grew up and my brother's friend owns the company. Retail does not compare. Most do not believe until they taste, seriously good stuff.
No shipping? For my son's HS graduation party we ordered up 15# of North Carolina pulled pork BBQ. I think they specialized in sending it out. It was shipped frozen packed in dry ice. I guess your bacon place doesn't want to fuss with that.

I bet that bacon is good. I'll bet there are smaller local places like yours all over the place only locals know about. I know about a few great sources around here as well

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~