View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #10
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 2 piece driveline upgrade options

Yes that is exactly why I am making these brackets. Here is the first one I made:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=620312

I am really not a fan of those light duty drivechafts like you have. I believe those are the reason everyone is so down on 2 piece driveshafts. They just don't hold up.

Before you go and have both new shafts made, I would check your area for used ones that if not the correct length, could be shortened. That is much less $$ than having complete new shafts made. Even driveshafts from a squarebody may work.

Here is a pic of what an original HD driveshaft looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortcomp View Post
Captainfab: So you make a bracket that will change my longitude bolt pattern to lattitude, and i can use a standard bigger OD carrier bearing for these trucks, and have a driveshaft to match made up and be good to go just like this truck had come with the bigger shafts from the factory?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE

Last edited by Captainfab; 06-02-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote