View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 02:16 PM   #13
tdangle

Re: My tuning skills have hit a wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin oil View Post
Terry, I agree with you but technically FI goes lean and rich constantly so it never is actually perfect. If your AFRs are moving around then your air bleeds are not correct or mis sized. Sometimes they MAB and metering block package need increased as a pair. Same curve but less responsive. There are guys out there that can get a holley about as good as FI.
I'm running a Edelbrock AVS2 currently. I may have mis-spoke about them moving around. As I drive thru town lightly accelerating the AFR changes. Steady hwy speed not so much. I still have a lot to learn. When I started, backing in the garage stunk. now almost nothing. I'm just under 12 at WOT, idles at low 13 with cruise high 14 to mid 15. Any leaner on the cruise and it surges really bad and stumbles on light acceleration. The engine is a vortec head 350 and the cam specs are 215/223 at .050 on a 108 LSA. I had the truck chassis dyno tuned at one time with a Holley carb on it and it made best power at just under a AFR of 12 to 1, so I tried to match that.

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote