View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 11:20 AM   #118
landarts
landarts

Re: 71 K20 Idaho Edition

Finally back in saddle on the build. Been doing all kinds of truck stuff in the background over the last couple of months. Acquiring other trucks and selling a few, collecting parts for future builds, purchasing tools and multiple parts. Was able to get three K20's running and driving that were left for dead. Know I feel like I can concentrate on this project and push it across the finish line.

One of the items I purchased was a new 60 Gal Ingersol Rand compressor (picture #5). Installed the 220 power for it and while I was trying to move it by myself and slip the vibration mat under it the compressor got off balance and started to fall, so I let it go and it hit the corner of the cab that was already finished and painted. So the redo for that area was the first item I had to take care of (picture #2). Had the spot light on it for a couple hours drying out the filler primer so I could knock it down one more time before repainting. Nice to have a compressor that will keep up with the DA sander but not nice to have to redo items.

Also spent some time on finishing most of the wet sanding on the fenders and some of the last of the filler work on the bed. The long strip of filler toward the front is where I pulled the long crease a while back with stud welder and the Steck Lever, the is actually only about a 1/16th or so of filler there. One day I hope to work a crease like that with just metal finishing, but for now I will have to rely on some filler to get it right.

Last two items is in (picture #3) I purchased a crew cab project for a future build. It came with all the sheet metal for cab, glass and front clip. I will be putting this on one of my K20 trucks probably the rough 72 GMC Super Custom K20 I picked up from Wyoming last year. I have a 8.1 Vortec motor for the build and a few other items stashed away.

Picture number 4 is my first stab at my new laser addition to my CNC machine. Put a few items together and did a test burn on a piece of scrap pine I had in the shop. I think this is really going to be a fun addition to the shop tools. Already dreaming up a few projects in mind for the laser.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote