View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #76
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

I want everyone to be Kabwe friend! note this from what he's saying!" or having a really good friend who has skills and is willing to help.
I get what you're saying, for me I can't afford to take my truck to a shop to have it done. I had 2 body man come to give me estimates to paint my truck and this is after me doing all the bodywork and they said 7 to 10K, I was even going to supply the paint. I will try to do it myself, if I screw it up then I can say I tried but I know I will spend the time to at least care about what I'm trying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
looks like you are doing a good job to me and I'm glad you remembered my sayings.lol I told you, that you could do it, this stuff is not rocket science although some shops charge you like they are building you a rocket.lol

Tri5nerd,
I don't know about this master stuff I just know that no one cares about my rides as much as I do, so I would drive a shop crazy if they worked on my car. A guy told me he took his car to a shop that was suppose to great and he went to visit his ride and was totally shocked at the low quality of the repairs and he told the shop owner "Man give me the car back cause I can f*** up sh** myself".lol Thats how I feel I can mess it up myself and I will work harder to try and fix it also. Now I'm not saying that all shops are like this, but I know the ones that I could afford most likely do low quality work.lol Good work= learning to do it yourself, or having a really good friend who has skills and is willing to help, or just having a huge bank account.