View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #34
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

another oddity after looking at my 72 Chevy Service Manager, section 8 pg 9 is the hard line. It looks like the line are supposed to hug the frame, which makes total sense once I look at the manaual. My lines have popped away from the frame right where the ram horns bolt up to the exhaust. One line was about 1/2 ~ 1 inch from the exhaust and the over right behind it.

I'd image that there is a bit of radiated heat getting to the line(s) from the exhaust and the lines are not getting any cooling effect from the frame. Again, I am just assuming the frame would act like a temperature stabilizer.

From the manual there should be some clips to keep the lines to the frame, guess I need to look for some but for now I used some tie wraps to two holes in the frame. The lines are not much further away but not completely tucked into the frame (but are now touching it pretty good).

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote