View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #84
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Awake early again today, it is Saturday so not ideal, as I would love to just sleep in and get 8 hours straight.

Still, out the house by 07.30 to drive down to Rochester, my local town and get to the Post Office Depot.

I had an undelivered parcel from Glasgow yesterday that has to be signed for, so could not be left with the neighbours.

Knowing exactly what it was, and where it came from meant I was a bit excited.

Nothing special for most people, but car parts, especially the dress up stuff, gets me going.

So Collected at 08.05 as I was no 3 in the row, despite being 10 minutes early, then straight home to unpack my treasures.

[font size="5"]
“I BRING YOU GIFTS O’ GREAT WHITE BLAZER”[/font]

Never been fitted to a car, but dusty from sitting on top of a wardrobe for years, awaiting their turn for glory.

So into the kitchen sink along with the few bits I had to wash this morning.

That is the right way to do it, not so?

And after a quick wash, rinse and drying off with a clean dish towel they do look exactly as described by David who sold them to me.

Money well spent, despite me knowing that I really do not need to spend any more, as this truck is certainly draining my wallet faster than anticipated, still, the cash comes from the Red ‘66 C10’s personal account, so not threatening the mortgage repayments, yet.

Shiny Happy People.

I have another full day to myself today in the garage, so will be doing a load of small tinkering jobs, they all take time and need doing, some, in fact all will be pretty much unnoticed, like fitting the radiator shroud I bought a couple of weeks ago, making up an ally backing plate for the radio, to temporarily fix the visible damage to the surround, turning the choke knob around and refitting it, removing the steering wheel and refitting it correctly centred, stuff my buddy @CraigRK would approve of.
I also need to look at the mounting tabs for the Towbar and make extra, gusseted tabs to fix it more securely to the chassis mounting points, as I do not have an original Towbar to fit.

I was alerted by an angry friend in Germany this week that my old Ford Taurus Transit had made the press again, I think it’s the third time it has made it into a car magazine, twice when I had it too.

The new owner has been changing it radically since buying it 5 years ago.

I am personally a great fan of the “Your ride, Your way” school of thought, and it’s good to see it evolve into something he wants to own and drive.

Off to the garage now, the Blazer awaits.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote