View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #41
64k10burb

Re: New guy alert/Never Ending Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY COX View Post
WOW our making some headway, my hood was toast it was rotted at the rear corners and the inside panel was rusted really bad someone at one time had tried to patch it up and it looked horrible I got lucky a found a rust free hood for 200.00 bucks couldn't beat that price. It's always interesting to see what some previous owners have done to patch things up, my old 70 Burb 4x4 the lower panels were rusted through and they had just crammed newspaper in there and then bondo over it.. All that does is just create moisture when it gets wet and causes it to rust even more...anywho patch it up paint it up and go on..
Thanks Randy. WOW $200 is a great find for a rust free hood. I didn't look too hard, the few I found still needed repairs and were priced more than I wanted to pay.

We did some mud er up and paint jobs for used car lots in my dad's shop when I was a kid....WOW that was almost 40 years ago, and before my dad became a resto only shop. Hey, we had to eat somehow

These days, I will drive a truck with rust holes before I will mud them up and make it worse!
1964 k10 suburban project
1947 Dodge chop top rescue project-SOLD
64k10burb is offline   Reply With Quote