View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 07:31 AM   #41
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

The parts I ordered finally arrived, seems to take about 10-14 days longer than usual. The box that the wheel tubs came in was in bad shape, I thought they would be damaged, but other than a slightly bent corner on a flange, all is well.

I really wish I could figure out how to post under each photo so I could explain things better, I have searched, but can’t find an answer.

Before starting on the passenger side fender cup, I decided to install the wide wheel tubs from AMD. I had already removed the box and set it on a small trailer so I could move it around if needed. I had made a frame out of some old angle iron and c channel to attach to my engine crane to lift the box off, this worked a lot better than straps and 2x4s. Hopefully I can take it apart and modify it a bit to use in the future to lift the cab.
The wheel tubs did need some work to fit, the pry bar points to the small portion of flange that needed to be removed from each end, also most of the bolt holes did not line up, it would have been better if they didn’t put the holes in the tub at all.
Attached Images