View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 06:57 PM   #43
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

The passenger side fender cup had more rust damage than I could fix with a simple hand formed patch. I ordered a fender cup patch , and it was exactly as cornerstone had advised. This thing was never going to fit as is, it was probably 5/8 too small, the metal was not as thick as an original fender. In order to make it work I decided to drill out the spot welds and separate it into pieces, and only use as much as necessary. After cutting out the rust damage, using the piece as a pattern, I was able to lay the pieces on top of the patch panel and scribe out the shape and size of the needed patch for the area needing repair. Working in sections & comparing the old, damaged area to new & tacking all parts together before final weld, seems to have resulted in a successful repair
Attached Images