View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #13
dmjlambert

Re: Feeling in over my head and not sure what to do next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Why is your fuel filter / line what looks to 10-12 inches above the carb , give us a better picture of the fuel pump to carb on the right and left (drivers side ) of the carb and linkage .you'll find that many guys in here can help with your problem but need good pictures and more than 1-2 .
The line makes a small loop to prevent kinking. This is a new in-line filter, and the only filter I currrently have installed. The 3/8" hose from O'Reilly Auto Parts is thick and stiff. If there is better stuff to get, I would like to know what to ask for. More pictures on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haycatcher View Post
I took a second look and I think the lever is over your accelerator pump fully. So you should be ok there. Was this carb rebuilt? Because looking at the accelerator pump portion coming out of the carb looks old. Typically a rebuilder would replace that pump.
The carb was worked on by the mechanic I mentioned. I asked him about what-all comes with the kit he used and it sounded to me like it was very minimal, just needle and some gaskets.

I will try pouring a couple ounces of fuel in on next cold start, but I think I will see what I can do about that kink in the fuel hose first.

For now, more pictures, starting with the hose between the metal fuel line from cab to the fuel pump.
Attached Images

dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote