View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #57
ItWillBeSlow

Re: Roof patch causing warp / oil canning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
Is peeling off the roof skin to deal with whatever is inside a wise thing to do on any truck just in case?

I have no rust visible through the paint on either side, but it has not been blasted yet. I don't really want to skin it, but if it's super wise......
Im not the most experienced to answer this question, but Ill throw out my $.02.

If you aren't in a huge rush and can spare an extra $250ish for the price of the panel, I don't think its a bad idea. If you end up with little or no visible rust in any of the roof area after you're done blasting, it may be a safe assumption that your cab is in decent shape in this regard and this would be a waste of effort for you.

I may have gotten lucky, but I am very happy with the quality of the new skin I received. Once this is complete I expect to have about 30 hours in the removal, clean up, and install of the new skin. Not done yet so time will tell..

So far I am happy with my decision to take mine off. I do have 2 or 3 pinholes to address and am on the fence about cut and weld or hit with a little filler after priming and sandblasting and be done with them.