View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #13
LT7A

Re: What color "white" for wheels?

I'll be using Frost White since my truck has that color under the trim line and on the roof. It appears that Frost White is available from automotivetouchup.com. However, this is a quote from their website when I looked up the paint: "AutomotiveTouchup paint products are custom mixed to perfectly match the color of your 1982 GMC All Models using a basecoat/clearcoat system just like factory specs." That little blurb there, doesn't inspire much confidence, since those trucks had single stage paint. I checked to see what DupliColor had to offer and their perfect match premium automotive paint line now consists of six colors that they call "universal"... it appears that they are out of the 'dupli'cating business or that their website navigating logic is not up to the task.

Another quick side note, if you are trying to match an existing color. I have two trucks that are painted colonial yellow. One is painted over a black primer and the other is painted over a white primer. It changes the color noticeably. So it is worth approximating the primer color before top-coating if trying to match. Not terribly important on wheels though.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote