View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #123
diceman50

Re: Supercharger for my Apache

I am still waiting for some misc. parts to come in before I install my new engine. During the down time I am taking care of some ancillary items. Several years ago I found a reproduction 1941-55 GM Truck Radiator Overflow Tank. I never knew they had them back then. Deciding that it would be period correct for my truck I ordered one. When it came I really didn't like it that much but decided to use it anyway. It is made of sheet steel and doesn't have an opening in the top. There is no way to add fluid or tell how much is in it.

I don't want a plastic one or one of the skinny stainless steel ones for street rods so I decided to build one. I want it have a commercial period correct look and after looking around the shop I found an old flip top fuel tank lid and part of a fire extinguisher bottle that looked promising. I don't like square ends on a tank so I made a simple hammer form and hammered out an end for the tank. I also made a bung for the other end a couple of tubes and a mounting bracket. Following are some pictures of the finished product. If you are interested there is also a link to a slideshow that shows the process.

http://s532.photobucket.com/user/dic...ow/Puke%20tank