Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 04:03 PM   #91
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Boy this part of the project sure is slow! I feel like I've been working on the frame for far too long now and can't wait to get past this stage.

There is a big part of me that just wishes I had bought a chassis back when I started this. I would be a year ahead of where I am now, and in the end I don't really think I would have saved much money either. I could have gotten a Fatman chassis for roughly $11k, I figured I could do mine for far less. But in the end between the hours invested and all the parts I really don't think I saved a dime. Oh well, no sense on looking in the rearview mirror right?!?!

In any case the boxing plates and suspension is now fully welded. I have ground the welds just enough to clean them up and smooth any edges, but I'm not going for a perfect no weld look anyway. The holes in the frame are all welded up for the most part as well. It is funny how you need to be able to rotate the frame some to reach some areas so my cherry picker came in handy this weekend for that job. Next weekend I should be complete on this part then off it goes to powder coat.

Thanks to those of you are that are following along.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote