View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
Metalaroundstone

Re: Problems aligning power steering pump with crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
Theres also several different offset power steering pump pulleys. Whats the part number stamped in the PS pulley ? Also if you can the crank PS pulley part number, this can help tell you if its the right one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
To me both your crank pulleys and water pump pulleys don't look right. Although your alternator belt appears to line up good. Is the water pump pulley 2 pcs? If you can, take the crank and water pump pulleys off, lay them out on the floor and take a couple pics of what you have and their order of assembly.
The number on my power steering pulley is 3825537 DC. As for the crank pulleys, I can only see the number on the outer pulley set that drives the power steering and the AC condenser. Its number is 3876326 BT.
I can't really see any number on the inter crank pulley, which seems to be a steel pulley sandwiched in between the harmonic balancer and the outer pulley set. Does this pulley have to be removed to get the number?

Thanks all for your help on this. This is driving me crazy. BTW, the PO added the power steering (factory type) and it was pieced together in the cheapest way possible. I have rebuilt everything and thanks to extra parts from "65 Chevy Lover" I was able to make it all work properly, except for the alignment.
Metalaroundstone is offline   Reply With Quote