View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
47 Fasttoys

'47 Loadmaster COE (rebuild pictures)

OK so like many others all my pictures where blocked by Photobucket. So I will attempt to rebuild this thread one page at a time. This may take a while. I will also date the posts so some time frame can be seen.
Rob
9-13-2013
Hi to all, new to the forum and figured I'd start a build thread on my '47. It's a 1 1/2 ton COE (cab over engine). I picked this thing up in 2012 while on vacation in southern Colorado visiting my son. I had no extension on buying a new project, but after seeing it still sitting in the same place I saw it 2 years earlier I figured why not check it out. Well, as it turned out the guy who owned it had passed away 3 months prior and his widow and son in-law where happy enough to sell it. We started at $2400 for the whole truck but after checking on shipping ($2000+) I decided all I really wanted was the sheet metal. I explained this to them and offered $1000. They said "here's the title" and the next morning my son and I showed up at 7:00 with a U-Haul van and some new tools to get to work. 10 hours later, sun burned and worn out. It was loaded in the van. Mind you, we did this with hand tools and no lift. We actually slid the cab from the truck frame into the U-Haul on 2 old pieces of tubing we found laying around the yard.
Attached Images