View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #117
Advanced Design

Seat suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
^^^That's the same way I do it, but I use 1"X1" square tubing, helps to keep the wheel straight...Jim
Jim great suggestion, thanks. On my "gotta pick up" list is a cut off with a larger diameter wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Man that's a hell of a drill press. Floor piece looks good...Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
great progress and I luuuuv the drillpress. I luv vintage tools, we will never have anything as well build and awesome looking in future years.
That one is old enough it was powered by a power belt (believe that is the term) with power transmitted through the production area on a shaft, then to the drill press on a wide flat belt. I agree, the old tools were heavy built and just look cool.

Anyway, back to the Suburban. We are building this one to be able to take long trips with it. And while the original seats are in good condition and look cool, we don't believe they will be very comfortable.

So the wife and I have been discussing installing newer style seats. With the floor fabrication where it is now it would be a simple matter to build in appropriate / solid seat mounts for the newer seats.

I will be doing some thread searching for seats used in AD Suburbans and we are way open for seat suggestions. Thinking buckets in front and a bench behind.

Thanks guys, always appreciate suggestions.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote