View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 10:40 PM   #1
AllGoNoShow

Reviews on "American Retro" 15" 67-68 steering wheel?

Has anyone installed and used the above steering wheel (its a smaller diameter version of the stock 67-68 wheel)?

I bought one off ebay and was a little concerned about the quality...it is made in china and just the weight off it felt so different then the original that I put it on a gram scale and found it weighted 55 grams to the stock wheel which was 91. Finish on it had some dust nibs but I was going to paint it anyways so that wasn't a huge concern. Then I looked at the splines which were a little beat up and deformed....it would start to slide on the stock column but it wouldn't pull all the way tight. I have a ididit column waiting to be installed and the new steering wheel wouldn't even start to slip over the splines on that column they were so inaccurate/deformed on the steering wheel. I just ended up returning it.

I absolutely love the look of the original steering wheel and was hoping to make it work....just wondering if I got a "dud." Has anyone used one of these steering wheels for a while without issues and can share their thoughts? Or should I just put a GM comfort grip wheel on it and be done!?
AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote