View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 06:27 PM   #1055
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Woke this morning and it was a good day, well, the weather had broken overnight.

Warmer, snow washed away.

Warmer.

I did not expect to get much more out of the day......

However.

After a busy morning, I quickly finished the wiring on the truck.

Hung the fog light.

Really too exposed, so I may fold it up and away from harm.

But beats the wrecked one that was fitted there.

During the day, I had a Messenger pop up from someone I had messaged 31st December.

“ The Lady who had owned the truck” had replied to my question below:

Hi XXXXXXX,
Strange message, possibly.
Did you possibly at some time in the past, own a Chevy S10 pickup truck?
Thanks.
Rian

Her responses included the following:

Hi Rian, yes I did but I sold it about 2 years ago

I don't usually reply to messages from people I don't know so apologies not responded before

Oh my god its got stripes! It didn't when I sold it. Obviously the guy I sold it too can't have looked after it, those wheels were spotless when I had it. Unfortunately I don't know anything about it's history. The guy we bought it from called Graham but he died quite a few years ago. The best person to talk to is Howard Cox who knew Graham well and may know more about where it came from. Sounds like it's gone to a good home and your giving it lots of tlc!

Of course I'll speak to Howard, there is also a guy called Tom Newman down on Mersea who who has a business repairing building chevys. He also did work on the truck. I only really used it as a spare and just drove it every now and then! So pleased you're putting it back as it was. I was aware of the damage but can't shed any light on it but Howard may know. There's plenty of miles in her yet

My pleasure so sorry I didn't respond earlier and keep me posted would love to hear how you get on with your fact finding and history writing.

You've done amazingly well, yes there was only one key, hated putting petrol in as could never unlock it! Does the cruise control work as that suddenly stopped when I had it or is that one more job you'll be tackling!

So it seems we have a connection with part of the trucks past.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 02-16-2021 at 06:34 PM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote