View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:21 AM   #19
teeteeplz

Re: Cracked 350 Crank, build 383?

Well I've been saving my $ this past year, Truck is still parked in the garage waiting for a powertrain replacement. Just got off the phone today with Blueprint engines, I think I want to drop the 396ci Stroker into it, 500hp/500tq approx.

After speaking with a local engine builder, re doing my 350 into a 383, with cast and not forged parts, didnt even include roller setup vs flat tappet, and price near 5,000$ I'll be better off with a crate replacement.

The motor I'm interested in claims to be fully forged, roller setup, and a brand new block, so it hasn't been shaved down to handle the increased CI.

My questions now, are accommodating the system to be able to match the engine suggesting a stall converter rpm of 2000-2400. I could strengthen the current TH350 to handle more power, and add a transmission cooler. Or should swap to 700r4 at this time if I will be getting into the transmission anyway? Still interested in the eaton true trac system for the rear end. currently equipped with an open rear 3.08's, approx 2700rpm at 80mph. tire size currently is 265/75/r15

I would like to still be able to pull a 3-4k lb. trailer occasionally with the truck, if at all possible.

Any suggestions as for transmission coolers, transmissions, gear ratios, torque converters, rear gears etc would be greatly appreciated!

Or just general input on if I'm a fool for going this deep on a truck that could use a paint job!
teeteeplz is offline   Reply With Quote