View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 07:08 PM   #11
Killer Bee

Re: NEED!! Suburban 4x4 pics with tire/wheel info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith6987 View Post
Killer Bee I love the look of those Super Lugs. I'm thinking of putting them on my Blazer. Do you have any pics of your Burb straight from the side? What is your real world driving review of the Super Lug? I hear a lot of bad stuff about bias ply tires.
like this? I can take any angles that you need, no trouble at all..

lots of opinions out there, here's one article that sums up some of my opinions
article Radial vs. Bias-Ply Tires

I won't say I prefer bias over radial, however I do like the vintage appearance and feel of the ones I'm familiar with.. I also know how to drive a vehicle safely with four wheel manual drum brakes

specifically on both of my K subs, they are built for off road so the minor drawbacks on pavement doesn't bother me in the least..

these superlugs are driveable with almost no air in them but regardless of inflation can be a little squirrelly on grooved asphalt or offsets in the road etc.. they were on the burb when I bought it and have had no issues on the freeway, in town, or light trails.. but I haven't really pushed it that hard yet off road and I keep it within reasonable speeds on the road..

I am looking to replace these (and the TSLs on my blue burb) since they are fairly old and worn.. there isn't much selection for tall and skinny but I found these recently that I thought were interesting, I don't recall seeing them before a couple of weeks ago..

The Super Swamper Radial TSL/SSR
SSR-41R 35x10.5R16LT 35 10.5 72 lb 9 21/32 8 2 BSW 7 9 35.30 11.1 579 65 3415 Yes

sorry if that doesn't really help at all, I haven't even made up my mind yet.. I would happily run another set of superlugs but I want to explore all of the other options.. if there is something specific you're interested in, I'll try to answer.. good luck!