View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 03:11 PM   #2604
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Talking Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

There was another post talking about woodgrain decals and someone posted about www.repops.com (had to buy from JEGS). I talked to a nice fellow about the trim, which comes in a pack of 2 at 12’ in length and 1.6875” wide.

I am going to use that 12x1 stuff for my bed rails, since I am still not pleased with what I got off of eBay (though I am sure the guy that made them did his best). But I'll need to find a vinyl pro to cut them down and apply them to my rails, Lord knows I wouldn't be able to cut/trim them without F'n them up.

While I was at it, I bought their glovebox and dash cluster woodgrain overlay decals. I applied the glovebox one a bit ago. For the door latch hole and all around to the edges, I used my Dad's very good hair dryer that has to be a zillion years old (it nearly puts out heat like a heat gun). When he passed away, I actually made a point to get that dryer out of his garage because I knew it was a good sub for a heat gun! (Thanks Dad and miss you)

The dash is going to be a bit more fun. Soon as you lay it down, it basically becomes one with what you are laying it on (or at least with my glovebox that is what happened).

629-CT140 1967-72 Chevrolet C-10 Woodgrain Glovebox Door

629-CT139 1969-72 G.M. Pickup All Inst Bezel With Gauges
629-CT145 1967-72 G.M All Woodgrain Insert

Edit:
Now the woodgrain decal is applied to instrument panel. Though I didn't get it perfectly on but I think I can live with it.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 12-18-2021 at 05:23 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote