Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #183
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Hi guys, just popped in after seeing an email notification,

My plan of finishing the reinstall got side tracked pretty badly, after we hit a deep freeze and it subsided, i ended up working the last 3 weekends in a row before the holiday and said to hell with progress for a bit so i could concentrate on Christmas, i'll do it during my Christmas break.

Eight days ago i and my entire shop got slammed with a really bad stomach virus right after a pot luck, I thought it was food poisoning at first but this lasted 7 days! i have never been so sick in my life! Food poisoning only lasts 3 days at best so this had to be a flu virus Today is my first day of feeling normal but I'm still dragging my ass resting up. I wouldn't wish this on anybody!

jaros44sr, I appreciate the offer but i also have a flanging tool, and were on opposite ends of the country so kinda difficult to ship a compressor that far

DWilbur, Yes i have seen that link and am leaning toward that as well, i think its a great solution but keep in mind that without a locker or at least a limited slip if your in slick mud or ice its not going to be a 100% solution, still its a lot better than nothing. I'm pretty sure i have also seen another manufacture out there but i cant recall the name off hand.

Freakshow! Hey Randy nice to hear from you! If your interested in giving me a hand bleeding my breaks the second time around I'll take you up on some help and am willing to repay the favor. Tentatively planning on doing it this Sunday.

My seat cover is returned to Vendor Truckseats, it was delivered on the 18th if i recall correctly, i hope to hear from him sometime soon, they are looking for a better material that hopefully won't stretch as badly as the black velour on the old cover.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote