View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 PM   #32
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

The next item up for completion was to get the main Vintage Air A.C. unit installed. I previously talked to a rep. for them at Dino’s get down and was able to confirm my idea of being able to skip using the firewall plate and just transfer the hole size & location directly to the firewall. I liked this because it looked great on my ’72 (with a smoothed firewall) and I did not like the test fit of the plate on my ’86. I tediously tested the hole locations & finally verified that I could install the unit & the holes would be correctly located. After some manly persuasion & finessing it was bolted in place & the lines are situated well, although the lower heater hose line is a little short poking thru for the hose clamp. Overall I am happy with the install
I am now in the process of attaching a few hoses to the unit & the vents. This is frustrating because the hose is round, but the vent/unit ends are rectangular/oval…… . Trying to get a good “seal”/fit is not soo smooth. If I remember from my previous install I used zip ties to hold the hose at each end for a good fit & then used “metal duct” tape to “seal” connection
Helpful hints or method would be gladly accepted….
Attached Images

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote