View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 08:47 AM   #761
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
Just as I thought, the guy at Discount Tire lied to me. I figured he was lying but it still pisses me off. The Goodyear Wranglers I usually use are not discontinued, they just don't sell them anymore. Also, the Generals I got for the 99 aren't in stock when I specifically asked for something they keep in stock. Twice they haven't been in stock. Well, Walmart sells the Goodyears and they have them in stock and they sell them loose. These damn tire shops are pushing me to Walmart.
I see that a lot, pushing a customer to buy what is in stock over fulfilling the customers desired purchase. "They stopped making them" does not equate to "We stopped carrying them". In fact, one is truth and one is a bold face lie. But that's not wrong, that's just business. Sorry, I can't go with that!

Last winter I bought the set of Coopers I wanted off of Discount Tire Direct. They showed the quantity in stock when I ordered them. I get a call back from them a couple days later. The guy wants to know another tire I would want since my selection was out of stock with no ETA.
"I ordered the tires I wanted that showed in stock when I paid. If you don't update your website I'll turn you in for bait & switch"

Out of stock, no ETA. How about these el Cheapos? It's only bait and switch if we do it intentionally.

"I specifically ordered the highest quality tire for the most reasonable price. You know know now they are out of stock. Bait & switch if you don't update"

Offers made for other crappy rubber

"Nope"

Would you want BFG All Terrains? They're more aggressive than you ordered

"I just ordered shocks based on what I spent on the Coopers. I didn't want to spend more and now I can't"

I'm offering these at the same price. We are losing money, the opposite of bait & switch.

"I accept that offer"

I know their big concern is moving quantities of tires over giving customers what they want. I used that against them. If I just asked for a refund their volume would have dropped by one set. Volume is their bottom line. Those BFGs were priced about $400 higher than the Coopers

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-06-2022 at 09:33 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote