View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 08:58 PM   #5
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Fuel injection and fuel economy

I am pre smog or 75 and earlier. So I can run what I want with very very very little real life chance of having to change my set up.

So if my truck burns cleaner then what I would be required too. It's a non starter in the real world. 15-20 years ago they had mobile smog trucks parked on the side of the highway. In theory they would flag you if you were running dirty. I seen others get pulled, but I never did. As I fully tuned my vehicles to my limits atleast. Have not seen one in atleast 15 years. I would usually see them by pick a parts.

I would seriously consider fuel injection when I get a 4L80e. At that point I will look at my finances, and really decide. Right now I am looking to trade a 750 Holley vs for a 650 VS to modify.

It was more of a concept question. I never had a vehicle do this bad on the street with out a big cam. Like a Duntov 30-30 or a modern version of sorts.

My light duty C20 rclb with a dead 350, th350, and 4.11 gears would do 8-12 typically. Although highway was 12-13 at 60/65. So I find it odd with all my engines advantages it gets worse. The advantages a deeper gears, higher compression, slightly better tires for mpg, and lower over all weight.

I just find it weird. Maybe there is some detail I am unable to see at this point.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote