View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #22
Todd_a

Re: Dropping my '64 stepside without messing with the suspension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrerunnerRob View Post
Hell yea!

I always look at body drops as the final step in bringing it all the way down, but you have a factory ride with it being lowered! What year is your truck?
I have a '63 and didnt have to change out any ball joints for my drop spindles.
Awesome truck!!!! Man, I wish I had a fleetside. I couldn't find a decent bed here local before I was ready to start cutting. I'm keeping my eyes open though.

If you are dealing with the 20's and 30's cars and trucks, they tend to channel to drop those and get that unsightly frame out of view before looking at other ways to lower them. Of course the frames are not as prominent in the newer cars and trucks, so there isn't as much of a desire to make this move anymore. Except, like you said, as a last step to get them the rest of the way down.

Mine is a '64 and everywhere I looked and everyone I asked was telling me that I could not get dropped spindles without swapping to the '71 or '72 dropped spindles which meant swapping the upper ball joint out for that. Other than that I also would have had to swap to disc brakes up front. I don't have a problem with that but money is tight and I only wanted to go lower.

Where did you get your dropped spindles that you were able to install them wihtout swapping out the top ball joints?
Todd_a is offline   Reply With Quote