View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #83
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Kind of an odd day for me concerning my various projects. I have a 72 blazer tub that is planned for my next build as a 2wd blazer. I have a line on an original 2wd frame for it and stopped by there today. The owner said he wants to keep the rear axle and front suspension for another one of his trucks, which is different than the arraingement we had before, but he came down on the price. $150 for the body and frame. But I need to find the rolling gear for it. I got a call from another guy today who says he has a frame and bed for a 71-72 chevy truck. When I get back to town and take a look at it, the frame is nearly flawless, needs to be cleaned and painted. The bed is junk. $125 for the frame and it even has tires to roll it around on. So instead of sandblasting and paniting my original chassis, I'm thinking it will be easier to use this one and just use what I need from my original one.

But I'm conflicted. It's becoming another vehicle completely. As it goes, the only parts from the original truck might be the hood and doors and tailgate. Does it matter? My wife is mad because I'm not using the original cab, even though it's a total mess. She said it's the heart of the truck. I disagreed, but the chassis? Does it matter? It will be a good truck that I built myself, and I feel that's where the heart of the truck really is. I'm the heart of the truck. If I don't have it, or someone else that really cares and enjoys it, that's when it becomes a pile of parts, soul-less. Am I wrong?
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote