View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
70STOVEBOLT

Re: Pay Pal .. on again off again?

There is a cost associated with everything you do today. You may not use credit cards to buy things, but you are still paying the fee the vendor/business is getting charged from the credit card companies, with the exception of gasoline, and maybe a few other things. I use PayPal for the convenience, but also for the protection. I sent a postal money order for something a few years ago, and it got lost in the mail. They are insured, but you have to pay a fee to get a new one issued. i don't remember what the value of the money order was, but it seems like I had to pay around $5 to get another one, and also had to wait at least 14 days. The only thing I don't like about PayPal is that you have to link a bank account to it. My PP account did get compromised a couple years ago, but my bank information is kept very secure so there was not any issues there. Someone in VA tried to by a $1000 laptop on eBay and I caught it right away because of the email notification. Now PP uses dual authentication, where no one can log into my account unless they have know my login info and have my cell phone, as they send a one-time-use code to my phone and that has to be typed in to log in. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I personally have not had issues dealing with members of this board using either form of payment.

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks
Sniper EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23 lowered 2" front & rear