View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 10:04 PM   #29
DM72C20

Re: 72 C20 LS Swap/Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
I almost did the exact same thing. But then I found the Tanks Inc. fuel pump assembly. It's in-tank and has a baffle pan. I used the corvette filter, super cheap, and it's also a regulator for the LS engine(stock). Same tank too.

2 things. You will want to drop the tank a little(see my thread if you want) so you don't have to clearance the bed cross rail too much. 2nd thing, check out this powernation episode. It's EXACTLY what your about to do - https://www.powernationtv.com/episod...ls-engine-swap

I had not come across the Tanks Inc. pump - the one with the reservoir tray. I take it that you are also using that in an under the bed tank? I had found a guy that modified his in cab tank, but I didn't want to bother with that.

Thanks for the video link. Yeah, that's the plan. Mine is a C20, so I don't know if there will be the same clearance issues, but dropping it a couple inches won't be a problem.

I am planning on doing something a bit unusual with the fuel fill. I found this post, #30 where the filler tube is routed all the way to the stock location to the under the bed tank. I like this since it keeps the original look and location as well as convenience next to the drivers side. I think the behind the taillight mounting is a bit weird and wouldn't want to have it in the bed floor.
DM72C20 is offline   Reply With Quote