View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #42
DM72C20

Re: 72 C20 LS Swap/Build

And some pics of the fuseboard stuff.

A couple weeks ago, when we tried getting it started, I had the idea to connect a wire to the starter relay from the ignition. It was pink and I think it may have accidentally went onto the powertrain relay. It started to smoke and melted part of the board instantly! It was not a great moment. Another used board was picked up and we checked through each and every contact to determine how the relays should be oriented. The crazy thing is that the manual shows one thing and the second donor relays didn't align, nor did my Dad's running 09' truck. His doesn't even seem to have a fuel pump relay or fuse??!?

Anyway, after testing for current, we oriented the relays so that 30 was battery hot in each case. Pink wire is signal from key on to 86 on the run/crank relay which powers up the ECM. Purple is signal from key crank/solenoid which goes to 86 on starter relay. These two wires were all that was needed to get it running.

There is relatively little wiring coming into the fuseboard, but it still makes use of the factory connectors and board. If there is any issue, these parts can be swapped out.
Attached Images

DM72C20 is offline   Reply With Quote