View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #15
Pick121

IT IS ALIVE…ALIVE!! The Green Machine - 1963 C50 field rescue

Finally got this big guy running again! Moved by its own power from our across the street neighbor’s to my ranch. It took me a while to figure out. Ended up being points were adjusted too far open, who did that anyway? I wanted to take every precaution to make sure not to do any damage to the engine on its first start in 20 years since it was parked and left to sit and wonder what its future was.
I replaced the distributor cap, rotor, points, condenser, spark plugs, plug wires, ignition coil, threw on new fan belts and air filter (temporary, want to get a stock air cleaner eventually), changed the oil and filter, rigged up a remote fuel tank directly to the fuel pump to keep old nasty fuel out of the carb, and on day 2 of tinkering it fired up!
Need to do a lot more work but at least it’s at my place now so I can tinker with it. Man he’s a BEAST. Love to work on an old engine, so much room to work. I have to say it is waaay up there compared to my C10. The brakes are non-existent, the brake pedal does not even move. Anyway this is for my own documentation of the build so thanks for following along. The Green Machine will eventually be my hops harvester but for now it is running yard art.
I will give it some much needed TLC cleanup, wash, engine degreasing, etc.

Last edited by Pick121; 10-11-2021 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Wrong word
Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote