View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #87
cayoterun

Re: GMC V-12 powered '91 Chev crewcab

Just what I needed to see. Could you put a western hauler flat bed on it with running boards? White paint/w a chrome stripe down the belt line? It is the over-all profile I was trying to picture. You hit the nail right on the head.

Looks like I could have ruptured a disc in my back while here in Az, but should know more tomorrow. Explains the need for running boards.

For some reason, that reminds me of the "Flintstone" truck from the comic strip. That's fine with me. It would sure be something ---?different?

No idea or suggestion has been thrown out. This is just a direction I could go with existing parts and trucks available locally at home.

Been playing with frame lengths while here and it looks like a 155.5" x-cab frame might be the length we would need for this. I'm now leaning toward using the 168.5" frame, mount engine, driveline, cab & front clip, then cutting the frame to length that works best.

This back thing has sure thrown us a curve, but a problem I've dealt with for years, just a big pain in the rear as well as back.

Thanks for your trouble.
Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 11-16-2007 at 09:39 PM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote