View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 05:26 PM   #153
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Been far to long since the last time I posted an update…..

Back when I started the Ls swap, I really wanted to install ported heads, a bigger cam, larger throttle body. I wish I had been able to do it before the engine was installed, it definitely would have made things easier,and cleaner! I just didn’t have the cash at that time. However the time has come.

On Black Friday I was able to order some of the needed parts to finally make the upgrade this winter. I ordered a set of CNC ported heads from Texas Speed, they are due to be delivered on 12/18. I also ordered a set of genuine Gm lifters, A cam from BTR , new lifter trays, timing chain dampener.
I still need a to order more, like push rods, head gaskets, rockers, or trunnion upgrade to existing rockers, timing chain , maybe a cam degree kit….

Been waiting on a ls6 valley cover from Summit racing for many months, it was supposed to be back in stock in November, now they are saying mid February , we shall see.
Once I have most of the parts collected, I can complete the installation, but I thought since it was unusually nice weather for December and I had a bit of time I backed the truck out onto the gravel to drain and remove the radiator and water pump. I did place a drain pan underneath to catch the antifreeze, but no matter how hard one tries, it’s still a messy process
The fun continues
Attached Images