View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
Molino

Re: Using a Super T-10 4spd behind a GM??

Hi
Borg Warner T10 transmissions were used by Gm,Ford, AMC and evening Chrysler factories in the 50’s and 60’s. When the horsepower increased in the 60’s, Gm went to the Muncie 4 speed. The Super T10 transmission showed up in, I believe, 1974 in Gm cars. The Super T10 has a fine spline input shaft and the output is the same spline as a TH400. There was also a heavy duty T10 that was never used in a production car but was available over the counter in GM parts departments. This heavy duty unit was known as the “rock crusher”. The Muncie M22 was also called the rock crusher too, because of the different angle of the 1,2 and 3 gears that also caused the whine in those 3 gears.
I’m not a Ford guy, but check you numbers on your T10 and do some searching around the inter web as you may have a tranny from a Shelby or something.
The numbers plus a little searching may reveal something rare,,, or not. I say this because I remember seeing an ad on Craigslist for a Shelby T10 and the guy wanted $10k. Anyway, cases and parts are available to switch the guts to a a Chevy bolt pattern on epay.
Good luck,
Russ
Molino is offline   Reply With Quote