View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Re: Arizona is awesome

A bit higher up, but I loved the summer weather in the Flagstaff area, coming from the humid east. Locals complained about the heat when it hit 80. I recall maybe a month when I could ride with the window down at night. It was hang around the campfire weather at night and all day it was wear shorts or jeans, t-shirt, button-up, no shirt. Cool mornings and evenings. But I agree, don't go there. I'm weird and everyone else will hate it, ok? Besides, you probably wouldn't like monsoon season.

I knew nothing about what to expect when I went. what I knew of AZ was what you heard and saw from back east. And that was mostly southern AZ. Grand Canyon pictures look like desert so you'd think hot. Depends on when you go.

I lived south of Flag a bit, in Mountainaire. Live oak and ponderosa pine forest with a meadow here and there. A short drive down along Oak Creek and you were in Sedona, a few thousand feet down in altitude. You could find hot there if you wanted it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote