View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 07:27 AM   #1
HeloCrewChief

New Project: 1974 GMC Jimmy

Hey guys. I’ve had a few square bodies before but, have only done complete restorations on 67-72’s. I finished my 72’ Blazer Highlander restoration earlier in the year. I moved cross country for work and decided to consign it with a dealer before my move as I was taking several vehicles as it was already. Well, a week after I consigned it, it sold. A few months ago when I was on a house hunting trip, I spotted this 1974 Jimmy by a shop. I turned around to get a closer look as I spotted the woodgrain trim and have never seen a blazer/Jimmy with this woodgrain. I have seen a few trucks with it. Talked to the owner and he gave me a doesn’t want to sell it price. The truck was sold locally and it had some great options i.e A/C, 4 speed manual, woodgrain. The winch bumper was very cool and it had the hard to find 15x8 steel wheels. I tried to get the Jimmy out of my head but, I couldn’t shake it. Met up with the owner again this week and made a deal on it. I probably paid too much considering the rust issues but, I’m looking forward to building it to the same standard as my 72’. I think it will be stunning when finished in the factory colors/trim.
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote