View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 11:45 AM   #11
HeloCrewChief

Re: New Project: 1974 GMC Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13jraven View Post
That is a cool truck. I love when they come with the original manuals and booklets.

And just got done with a full restoration on a 1974 blazer. PO parked it on 03 and put it on jack stands in 06 when he sold the wheels/tires/axles/suspension. I did a full extraction in late April and started on it in July when parts started arriving.

Truck needed a lot of love as they tend to rust top of the rear fender wells, bottom of the doors and bottoms of the front fenders. Used 3/4 axles out of a 74 K20 frame I scored a while back. Motor was a 369 BBC out of a 67 Chevelle - was told it was fine but when I got back to the shop found the thruster bearings were blown out and need a full build. Someone had used it as a Baja pre-runner/chase truck back in the 80s so it was missing all the OG interior. I decided to add my own twist on the 70s pre-runner race truck.

I got to say I almost like this full vert squarebody more than my 69 blazer.

Good luck - excited to see what you do with it.
I really like this 70’s look being applied to the square body’s lately. Seems like square body syndicate kicked that trend off. Not much to report. Jimmy is tucked away in the garage and number 2 in the project line. I’m waiting on parts anyway. Have a large sheetmetal order in with Classic Industries and everything is back ordered. Not sure I will ever see the quarter panels as motorcityk5 said they have not been available in years but, classic has them for around $600. Ordered the seat covers from USA1 and they are back ordered as well. Whenever everything starts trickling in, I’ll tackle it.
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote