View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #560
cayoterun

Re: 702 GMC V-12 powered '62 GMC 1-ton

I haven't checked in on this thread in some time, so thought I'd give an update.
"Balaur" is still sitting in the Cimarron Heritage Center, Boise City, Okla. She is still a popular exibit they say. I had restored a '47 Spartan trailer house for them, so they show them together.
They had been parked outside, since they both have propane tanks on them, so can't put them in a heated enclosed public building. They decided to build a "lean-to" with an open end and no heat to protect them.

Since "Balaur", I found another V12, so put it on a '84 GMC 3/4T frame, and covered it with a "46 Chevy pickup sheetmetal/w a 700r4 overdrive tranny.
It made a good driving, fun old truck. It's ready for cosmetics and paint, but I like it as is, so is on hold for the present. It's build is on this site, if interested.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=413154

The mis-titled thread is explained in the thread, why the evolution from '84 GMC to '46 Chevy.

Thanks to everyone for taking these rides with this ol' timer, but Fathertime slows us all down, so probably this will be my last serious project. UNLESS, of course, If I find another old V12, that needs preservation and the addiction overcomes me-------?

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote