View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 02:53 PM   #97
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oossuuu754 View Post
Love your truck, been following it for a while and was surprised when I saw it on CL. Just wished you had LS it and I would have been looking at it. On a side note I did buy the 63 SWB with 327/700R from Wichita a week or so ago, price was right but its is a bondo queen. I put some Epoxy Primer on it and gonna just to flip it.

yeah I want a shop that has a roof.

about an LS, anyone that wants it can put a 4.8 or 5.3 directly into it easy and cheap. it already has the high pressure fuel system and tank, they make bolt in S10 mounts, and even the wiring is simple because it has the bussed distribution center already under the hood. In my opinion, and based on sales of 64-66 with bags and billets and custom suspension and with a truck motor, the value of this truck would be a lot higher with that done.

I dont want to belabor the point, but if someone tried to find a nice 64-66 SWB BBW, paid the price for the custom billets and tires, and just bought the control arms, they would have spent almost what I am asking for a done, sorted, bagged, reliable, daily driver with AC and brand new everything, suspension carpet brakes all maintenance.

I think I saw that 63, sent it to a friend who is looking for a body to put on his 4x4 tahoe chassis.

it looked pretty ate up in the pictures but was shortbed and big window, thats what he was looking for.

edit: probably this one, since it mentions a 327/700r4

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 06-30-2015 at 03:00 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote