View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #42
ryanroo

Re: My 56 6bt 4X4 build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
I cant take your advice . You went and put a body on top of that beautiful frame !!
Haha. i hope one day to have a nice looking body on it!
I went thru your build last nite . Didnt get to bed till 2 ! Your fab work is amazing !
i do that too, find build thread and stay up past my bedtime just to check it out
I would just put a bucket seat on top of that and drive it around to show off.

I had the same concerns you did abt the bellhousing . That's why I was looking for more input. Thinking I still may use a boat eng mount just fab brackets in the center in orriginal position.

My fab work is now where close to yours. I need to fab in 90 deg angels .
its mostly functional, i didn't spend as much time finishing as i could have, if i ever do a show type rig, then ill really spend time trying to make it perfect. i think mounting in both locations is a cool idea. that would make the engine sit in the frame by itself. then tranny swaps and clutch jobs would be that much easier. the only issue is the a/c compressor, assuming you are using it. the mount for that and the lower water outlet uses the right side mount area in front.

patience is virtue when fabricating. no matter what level you or your tools are at, a little extra time can make the difference between a well fitted part and something kind of ugly.

Hey while I have you do you know where the oil pressure sender is ? Im sure I can find it but I just thot I would ask .
ill attach a picture of the oil pressure sender on my 2nd gen 12v. i bet its the same on your 1st gen engine but i may be wrong

its the little fitting/electrical connector behind the PS pump on the block

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote