View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 08:57 PM   #16
daveshilling

Re: Moody's Utah 58 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexMoody View Post
I know that this next question has been hashed around, however id appreciate some input. Id like to add an oil filter, I know it doesn't actually filter that much sense the block hasn't been machined. That being said with the set up on the block with the triangle plate towards the front. Would doing the spin on filter be acceptable or should I find a replacement bypass canister? I know that these 235s don't need a filter system, just looking to give a little extra help for this old girl.

Considering how little the filter actually does, and how nice modern oil is, and how few miles you'll put on that oil compared to the modern vehicles its designed for, I'd leave it plugged and just change the oil once a year unless you drive the truck often.

If I insisted on having a filter, it would be a trans-dapt and spin-on for me so replacements are simple and easy, plus it just looks cleaner with the filter down low v. bolted to the manifold. I assume if you cared about looking factory, you wouldn't even be asking and would already plan for an OEM filter.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote