View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:49 AM   #166
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

i'm a tease... and it's gonna continue for tonight cause my feet are killing me and i don't want to go get the camera

so i finished sanding the truck at 4:15am and came into the house. i got about 1.5 hrs sleep before my dad woke me up to go @ 6:15. i should have just stayed up and loaded up the truck, but the couch was comfy... i didn't even take my shoes off cause i wasn't really tired, and thought i'd get back up. but then again, the couch was comfy

so, we didn't make 7am, but we were there by 8:30. we got the bed off the truck and on to a cart so we could move it around, then the guys at the shop looked over my handy work. overall things looked good, but there were a few spots that needed more sanding. so, we sanded for about 4 hours or so, then started cleaning to get ready for paint around1pm.

btw, when i got up, my feet were really starting to hurt, so i wasn't moving to fast at all.

anyways, the paint started to fly around 1pm. we ended up with 3 coats of color and 3 coats of clear. only a couple mishaps during the whole ordeal that were easily fixed with some color sanding after the flash. the two big boo-boos of the day were when i went to tack everything off after color, before clear, i hit a wet spot on the grill. we set it aside to let it dry while we got started on the clear. they other was when i went to put the repair grill on the rack and tack it, i bumped the fender with my shirt. since it baredly touched it, and it had 3 coats of clear on it, we left it and plan to wet sand it out. hopefully it all comes out.

the pics do look awesome, as does the truck. I'll have to wet sand the whole truck with 1500 and 2000, but that will have to wait until after the midwest meet. By waiting that long it will be harder to do, but it'll still happen.

tomorrow we'll put the bed on and haul it home where it will sit until next weekend.

then the marithon rebuild takes place.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote