View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 02:35 PM   #164
EagleChief

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
I have the same ICT plates with the four holes. I wanted room behind the engine and we originally put it in the forward holes. There was a lot of space behind the engine and not much between the water pump and the radiator fans. We ended up going to the second set of holes from the back moving the engine back about 1 3/4”. The body is not back on yet So I am not sure how much clearance is left behind the Engine.

So I guess to answer your question it is trial and error. If you go to the I CT website it says what each set of holes does. I believe the first hole is .1” forward the second hole is .6” I am not sure but the third set of holes it’s like 1.7” or 1.8”. Off the top of my head I can’t remember what the forward set of holes measurement is but it’s easy to find on their website.
Just went back to the ICT site to see what I could find. They actually have a video posted that says the front-most set of holes are the closest to factory small block location. I didn't see that video when I was on their site before. But, for future reference, or anyone else that wants to know, here is what they say:
"There are 4 positions for maximum adjustment of engine (from .100" forward of OEM bellhousing position [due to bolt interference, OEM location is not possible for any brand of flat style swap plates] ~forward most position shown in photos~, Secondary positions are: .600", 1.86", and 2.36" engine moved forward)

These swap plates will shift the crankshaft centerline up .177" above factory small block location."

I currently have mine set at the #2 position. I may move them up, but I wonder if it will make a difference that my truck did not have the factory transmission. Trial and error it will be.

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=780197

LS Swap Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=811460

Last edited by EagleChief; 02-08-2021 at 04:48 PM.
EagleChief is offline   Reply With Quote