View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 06:09 AM   #4058
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realvc View Post
What are the prices like on parts for a Mercedes in your world?

It seems to be a wagon that has been customized into a sedan delivery or panel wagon.
Just the kind of ride you would be expected to drive.
Expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
I don't think I would own one over here. Mercedes thinks WAY to highly for their parts. Not sure about over in your neck of the woods.. MY friend loves his 90 turbo diesel (I think it is a 350 model), but it sure does seem to need LOTs of tinkering. That is my only experience with them. Did the factory make those or is that a custom someone did? It does look better than most Benzs.
Decided to walk away.

Just something about the seller.

Well......

How suddenly can things go tits up?

Pic at 11.30am on Friday, at work, responding to Sally asking me on WhatsApp what I was up to.

Told her I had just been blown out again by a department that could not help me set up a meeting, but that I was headed to plan C next and all is fine in my world, hence the selfie.

So I headed to another department and had some mild success, then headed out there, being 4th floor, took the lift, as it opened, I felt like my shirt was a bit tight and a little dizzy.
Anyway, went to another department where I needed a customer to help me sort something, asked him to just randomly check my blood pressure, I was not feeling bad, just a bit of a headache, that had persisted from Thursday, through the night.

He did it, and his words were “Best you go to A&E right now and book yourself in” when he saw the reading, I tried to get him to do me the favour I needed, and he just said, get this sorted, work can wait..
of course I am 30 miles from home at midday on a Friday, not ideal, so said I would drive home to my local hospital that’s only 10 miles away. He suggested calling security to stop me leaving..... as something could go wrong while I was driving.

What he saw.

What happened over the next six hours.....

I have to say, and have said it before..... people should complain less about the NHS.

One of the senior registrars that I previously trained and see in the department when I pass through there, recognised me and asked whether I was training today, so I said, No, I was sent here by another department.
He immediately took me on as his patient and with his junior, I certainly had the best treatment and care anyone could want.
Remember, I happen to know their job too, and was I am assessor, they would pass.
I can also say that because my eyes are open, I saw them and the rest of the team, manage patients equally well as I was being treated.

The NHS is so short staffed, and yet, this department just continues to function really well.

So observations, done about 10 times while I was there, interestingly, they do BP bilaterally, and in my case the arms read differently, my left arm consistently lower than the right.

Bloods, urine, ECG, an incredibly thorough history by two doctors and the triage nurse.
Also a 3 minute (really 5 minutes) neurological checklist and examination.
Thorough !!!

This little guy stayed in right up to discharge, so they would have instant access to my veins should things go a bit weird and they needed to jump on me.

Highly impressive ECG machine, and also identified a problem which will be followed up after a visit to my local GP next week.

Four hours later, this was how I felt, tired.

They also started me on some blood pressure lowering meds that they made me take in department and wait 45 minutes to see if it worked and if I did not react to it badly.

Then discharged with a script for 5 tablets.......

Made me smile, £9.00 for 5 tablets..... ouch.

But 6 hours of care, investigation and tests etc = £000.00 charge.

Discharged, a 20 minute wait for pills, and then an hours drive home.

Got it at 7.00pm

Relaxed as much as one can.

Rubbish night and took my pill this morning, that’s a new one for me.

Some things that need to change, sent by a good friend.....

My life is over.

So the future seems to have a lot more of this (walking and exercise ), and other changes in store for me.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote